Huawei PC Suite, management application for Smartphones and other compatible Huawei devices
Huawei PC Suite has in fact 2 application versions, one for Smartphone and one for other mobile phones types that feature a USB connection as well. This review is for the Smartphone version which seems to be more rounded and better featured. Huawei has made it more difficult to get the software for their phones because they decided to only include the PC Suite in the firmware and on the CD that comes with the devices at some point. For Smartphones however this program is also available directly from their website. We will go over all the important functionalities and settings that come with this PC Suite by first installing with the PC drivers needed which are also included in the package. Installation is straightforward as users basically need to press next to get to the end of it using the default configuration. Connecting the Huawei device while installing is not necessary. At a first glance, the interface is tidy and well configured so both beginners and advanced users can manage it to the same effect. Tabs are placed to the left of the window and each tab opens up its own section on the right with details and specific settings when selected. On the upper bar with the Minimize and Close buttons we have the Operation, Settings and Help dropdown lists and a Feedback button. Operation opens the same sections as the tabs below and also contains an Exit option. Settings contains the General Suite setup and the proxy configuration. Help offers information about the Suite installation and can check for online updates. The main tabs are as follows:
- Home shows the device information and connection options if the phone has not been yet connected to the PC for management. Also a wi-fi connection guide is presented with the help of the HiSuite daemon.
- Contacts shows all the contact details from the phone, can add new records to the contact list and can also delete unwanted contacts.
- Messages is for SMS management. Messages can be added on the phone, can be deleted, new messages can be composed and sent directly from the PC Suite
- Applications opens up a dropdown list with sub-sections. Management shows the installed applications, can install new ones on the phone, can mark and uninstall the marked apps and can also view the system apps available for that specific device. Store is for searching for apps in the Huawei database and online store. It can also show top searches and downloads from users. Downloads shows the applications that have been downloaded so far by the user and that are downloaded at that specific moment from the Store.
- Music searches all the music from the PC or the phone depending on the selection, creates custom playlists by artists, genres etc., shows the list with all the music and details about it (name of the song, time, album and name of the artist), repairs tags for a specific file, removes music from the playlist and deletes music entirely from the device if needed.
- Pictures is a mini photo manager that can add, export, delete and preview images on the phone. A default wallpaper can also be setup.
- Screenshot snaps a picture from the PC and sets it up on the phone. Image folder can be browsed and additional images can be added.
Overall this PC suite is a simple and effective way to manage a Huawei Smartphone. This Suite also works on other USB connection capable phones as reported by the users. As an alternative, an older PC Suite version is available on software listing websites (but not on the huawei website unfortunately) for download.